A new version of BugAid is released and ready for download – 0.5.1418.5099.
Running unit tests in Full Mode with Resharper
Resharper is a great help when it comes to debugging Unit Tests and now with BugAid it became even better!
As requested by our users, you can now launch and debug Unit Tests in BugAid Full Mode right from Resharper:
And then use Statement Visualization to see what’s going in your Assertions right away:
If you’re using a different Unit Test Runner and want support for BugAid Full Mode as well, feel free to request it on UserEcho.
Several users experienced compatibility issues between BugAid and IntelliTrace, where installing BugAid caused IntelliTrace “event and calls information” mode to stop working. We’d like to apologize again to our users who were affected by this. The issue was caused by BugAid creating a special kind of NGEN images (“Profile” images) for several .NET framework assemblies. The reason we create these images is that it improves the startup times of applications running in BugAid Full Mode considerably. By design this should’ve been a harmless operation, however, due to a bug in IntelliTrace, the mere presence of these images causes it to stop working properly.
If you’d like to use IntelliTrace while BugAid is installed, please use the following new configuration in BugAid’s options:
Additional improvements and bug fixes
- [UI] Improved UI of BugAid’s Options dialog
- [Fixed] Additional Full-Mode memory-leak fixes.
- [Fixed] Custom Expressions and Starred items sometimes don’t get saved when VS is closed
- [Fixed] Statement Visualization isn’t aligned correctly when zoom is bigger than 100% in VS2010
- [Fixed] The Current Directory is wrong when launching in Full Mode
- [Fixed] Using Visual Studio’s Code Definitions Window causes exceptions
- [Fixed] An error occurs when developing Silverlight and Windows Phone apps
- [Fixed] Exception on “Start Debugging” in Full Mode when no solution is loaded
- [Fixed] Statement Visualization sometimes fails in statements that include Anonymous Types
- [Fixed] Statement Visualization fails over a ‘binary or’ operation in specific scenario
- [Fixed] Statement Visualization exception when statement includes IQueryables (Special thanks to Stuart Turner for reporting this)
- [Fixed] Statement Visualization exception over string concatenation of an object
- [Fixed] Stepping over a failing assertion causes VS to hang waiting for Step Over to complete